27 March - 29 March 2020
EVENT IS CURRENTLY POSTPONED!
More information to follow soon.
We are so excited to be releasing more information about the JCIS National Conference!
Member Ticket and Registration Information
Tickets will be going on sale at 7pm on 27 November 2019!
Tickets will be £280 for the first 10 people to register and make payment (SOLD OUT). Ticket price will then rise to £300 after that until the 1 March when the price will increase again to £325.
The full weekend ticket will include:
- Accommodation at the Sandman Hotel, our conference HQ (Based on double occupancy)
- Breakfast on the Saturday and Sunday Morning
- Entry to our Ten Outstanding Young People event, welcome drink and canapes
- Friday night dinner, drink and entertainment
- Lunch and coffee on Saturday
- Full day training on Saturday
- Gala ball ticket, welcome drink, 3 course meal and ½ bottle of wine
- And more!
This rate is based on double/twin occupancy. Single occupancy available on request upon availability and will cost an additional £65 for the weekend.
After you register, please make sure you make a prompt payment when it is requested as this will help the project team stay organised and run a smooth event. Keen to spread the payments out over a few months? That’s not a problem! We’ll ask you about that in the registration form and then help you set up what works for you.
Are you not able to make it to the whole weekend? That’s OK! We have the following tickets available for sale 27 November and we can build you a bespoke package if required. Please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ten Outstanding Young People Event – Friday 5pm-7:30pm – £12
- Saturday all day ticket including Gala Dinner – £90
- Gala Dinner ticket only – £68
- Accommodation, on request
More information and the Terms and Conditions about registration for all of the tickets can be read at the bottom of the page.
Senate Programme Registration Information
- Friday: arrival & registration at 4* Sandman Hotel
- Friday night: option to join JCI members at the University of Aberdeen for the national Ten Outstanding Young People awards, drinks & food (approx 20 mins walk from hotel. Transport can be organised – please request)
- Saturday morning: private, back-stage tour of His Majesty’s Theatre (5 mins walk from hotel)
- Lunch at HMT 1906 restaurant (2 courses + glass of wine included; other extras at own cost)
Afternoon: free time to visit the stunning new Aberdeen Art Gallery (no cost), go shopping, hit the pub, or support the JCI members by attending public speaking and debating competitions.
- Saturday 5pm – 6pm: Senate Bar in the Sandman Hotel (first 2 drinks included)
- Saturday evening – Gala Dinner & Awards at the Sandman Hotel
- Sunday morning – Senate brunch at the Sandman Hotel
To register you will click the link to take you to a form. Here you can fill out all the required information. After that, we will be in touch to let you know how to pay with your chosen payment method.
The Sandman Hotel
St Andrew St, Aberdeen AB25 1AD
This is where the bulk of the conference will take place. This stunning venue is in the heart of Aberdeen and is a close walk to shopping and transportation.
- Saturday Training
- Accommodation and hotel HQ
- Gala Dinner
- Senate Brunch
We will get together in Old Aberdeen. It’s a great place to explore the ancient history of Scotland’s oldest university, founded in 1495. Here will be host to the Friday night Ten Outstanding Young People awards, as well as a light dinner and the evening’s entertainment.
🚗 Car: The Sandman hotel is located in the city centre of Aberdeen. It is accessible by car but parking is limited and needs to be organised directly with the hotel in advance. There is parking available on the Old Aberdeen campus for the weekend at a cost of £2 for the two days and is a 15-20 minute walk from the Sandman hotel.
🚂🚌Train and Bus: Aberdeen is very accessible for public transportation. The train and bus stations in Aberdeen are attached to Union Square, a new and modern shopping centre in the heart of the city. At Union Square you will find access to a taxi rank and public transport. To take the bus to the venue, please get off at the Blackfriars street stop which the 10B, 12, 35, 37, 59, 220 305, 420, 420C, N37 and X37 will all take you to.
✈Plane: Aberdeen International airport is currently under renovation but should be almost complete by the time of conference. There is access to public transport and a taxi rank to bring you into Aberdeen. A taxi will be around £20 from the airport so please feel free to try to organise to share on our Facebook event. There are great connecting flights with London, Manchester, Southampton, Belfast, Amsterdam, Dublin, and many other European hub airports.
There will be a full training programme on Saturday 28 March. The day will be based around personal improvement, team working and how to be your best self and see yourself with your 20/20 vision.
In a dynamic workshop hosted by David Robertson of Wild Thinking, delegates will develop their own personal development path to becoming better team players and team leaders. Building on Patrick Lencioni’s ‘The Five Dysfunctions of a Team’, delegates will learn new tools and models, and how to use them as a framework for building cohesive teams.
Conference Registration Terms and Conditions:
- All delegates must pay the full registration fee before the deadlines.
- Registration will not be confirmed until the required registration fee and documentation have been received by JCI Scotland.
- 50% refund will be given to delegates who fail to get their Visa in time to attend the conference and notify JCI Scotland. Refund requests must be made no later than March 1, 2020. JCI will not entertain any requests for refunds due to Visa denial after March 1, 2020. All requests must be submitted to email@example.com. This request must include the notice of denial from the consulate or embassy. No refunds will be given onsite. Any refunds will be issued after the JCI Scotland Conference. Any appeals should be dealt with by the JCI Scotland National President whose decision shall be final.
- A 5% administrative fee will be deducted from ALL refunds. Any wire transfer fees charged by the banks will also be deducted from the refund.
*For Visa Denial policy refund, please look up to point C.
- If cancelled by 01/01/2020: 45%
- If cancelled by 15/02/2020: 20%
- The deadline for all refund request types (Visa Denials, Cancelling Event participation, others) is 15/02/2020. Any requests submitted after 15/02/2020 will neither be valid nor considered.
- Down Payments are NON REFUNDABLE.
- For Credit Cards via PayPal
- All the credit card transactions will be processed in UK pounds. The amount processed by JCI Scotland is the one shown as total in UK Pounds. There might be some fluctuation in exchange rate differences depending on your country of origin and the local currency of the cardholder.
- For BACS Payments
- BACS instructions will be sent by email once you finish the registration process. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: The money must be wired within the respective deadline in order to be considered as such (Early/Regular/Late). Example: If the registration using the option Wire Transfer is marked during the Early Bird period, but the payment is not received before the Early Bird deadline, then the delegate will have to pay the amount of the then registration period.
The deadline for payment is 10 days after the payment details are sent.
Visa Invitation Letter
An official letter may be requested by visiting the Registration Confirmation page, clicking on Print Options and then Visa Invitation Letter. The confirmation is intended to facilitate participant’s travel and Visa arrangements only. The invitation letter will only be issued if the delegate’s registration has been paid in full. The invitation letter in no way implies the provision of any support, financial or otherwise.
JCI Scotland and the Conference Organising Committee shall not be held responsible for personal accidents, illness, losses or damage to private property. Delegates are advised to arrange their personal insurance for the duration of the Conference and tours.
While every attempt will be made to ensure that all aspects of the Conference mentioned will take place as scheduled, the Conference Organising Committee reserves the right to make last minute changes without prior notice should the need arise.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice to you or any of its users. We may add, change, delete or end our or your use of the service at any time. The service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons.
Attention Trainers & Sessions Chairpersons
Complimentary registration will not be provided for trainers. All trainers and sessions chairpersons must register at the applicable registration fee.