20 June - 20 June 2019
Discover the new concept by JCI Edinburgh that inspires and motivates young people to become better speakers.
3 sessions, 3 topics, 4 experts and ONE main goal: “How to become a more confident speaker”.
Meet other young talents and get introduced to the stories and experience of our guest trainers.
First session starts on Thursday 20th of June (18:00 – 20:00): “Become a daring public speaker” by Scott Johnston.
Mark also the other dates of the following sessions in your agenda:
- Thursday 18th of July: “Think on your feet (convincing arguments)” by Chris Henry & Erin Savage
- Wednesday 21st of August: “Present with purpose” by Paul Stretton
- JCI members: free
- Non-JCI members: for one session you pay 15 pounds. If you sign up for the 3 sessions at once, you will only pay 25 pounds.
The first training session – “Become a daring public speaker” by Scott Johnston.
In this lively, interactive Public Speaking session we will focus on 3 essential areas of delivering an effective presentation, speech or talk:
- Structure – 3 ways to structure your talk from the easy to the impressive to the daring! (including how to start, how to finish – and how not to!
- Using your body, gestures and movements to express yourself comfortably, confidently and convincingly
- Top Tips to help you deal impressively with questions, interruptions and off-script moments without letting your negative self-talk leave you doing goldfish impressions!
Your Facilitator – Scott Johnston
Scott Johnston is an Escaping Lawyer!
After 25 years of appearing in Courts and Tribunals he now focuses more on Speaking and Training, bringing skills from the Courtroom into the world of business. Scott was an undergraduate Mooting Champion and in JCI was Debating Champion of Glasgow, Scotland and Europe.
In business Scott instils in Senior Leaders and Ambitious Professionals the tools to be able to Project Yourself with Professional Presence. For more about Scott visit www.ScottJohnston.net For Young Professionals: On the Free Stuff page you can sign up for a special report to help you overcome 3 Crucial Hurdles which can prevent you from achieving your full career potential.